Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Self portrait

In class we had started a self portrait based on drawing ability and neatness. We used measurement techniques based on the length of the eyes to determine the proportions of our faces.
This is the picture I chose of myself to use:
We put it through a few Photoshop filters and adjustments to turn it into this:

After we were done measuring and planning everything, we began to sketch out our faces on our canvases.
Then basically after that it was just like color by numbers!



The final picture is the completed painting. I actually didn't try to attempt my cardigan because of time limits and because I was actually really overwhelmed with how I should begin it. Maybe I'll come back to it someday...........................

I realized that I got the colors wrong, but oh well.



1 comment:

  1. you might add the filter was called Cut out
    and the adjustments were contrast, hue and saturation

    ReplyDelete